Thursday, January 10, 2013

Grace Notes No. 8

"The most beautiful thing we can experience
is the mysterious."
Albert Einstein

The Mighty Columbia River

..........................................................................................................................................................
TODAY'S GRACE NOTES
"Even a genius doesn't have all the answers. No one ever does. Keep moving in the direction of your goals. Some minor mysteries do get resolved."

"Listen to the stirrings of your heart. Pay attention to your intuitions. Carry on a silent conversation with yourself. Don't question everything but accept the good and run with it."

Excerpts from Alexandra Stoddard's Grace Notes.
.............................................................................................................................................................

Hello friends! Happy 2013. I had not planned to continue sharing Grace Notes with you in the new year because I was hoping to have some time to write my own original content. Well, that hasn't been the case.... And these ones resonated so much with me this morning that I had to share them with you.
 
 
Several people have told me they enjoy how positive my blog is and I intend to keep it that way. But I also want it to be authentic and from my heart. This week I have been realing from the news that one of my closest friends has "incurable" cancer. I've experienced a whirlwind of emotions since hearing the news on Monday. From shock to sadness to anger to take charge, snap into action to more sadness. And I've shed LOTS of tears. Life is mysterious and it's hard to not have all of the answers. I know something positive comes out of every tragedy and I have SO much hope that there will be a miracle.
 
 
My mom sent me a verse this morning that a very wise man, Phil Smart, Sr., shared with me a couple of days after 9/11. This is my mantra for getting through this journey with my friend:

"DO NOT FEAR ONLY BELIEVE." Mark 5:36


No comments:

Post a Comment