Friday, December 7, 2012

Grace Notes No. 5

"A man's style is as much a part of him as his face,
his figure, or the rhythm of his pulse."
Francois Fenelon
 
 
Pinned Image
 
 
.............................................................................................................

TODAY'S GRACE NOTES
 
"Our style becomes more flamboyant this season when we festoon everything with garlands, ornaments and ribbons. Our home will reflect our exuberance for life and the holiday spirit."
 

"We develop a personal style that really does mirror our soul. If we pick up a style that is not our own, we will pay dearly by being a stranger in our own house. Carry on in your own way with your own loving traditions and your style will be refreshing."
 
.............................................................................................................
I completely agree with this. Whenever I am tempted to dress or decorate in a way that is not my own style it just doesn't feel right. My style is pretty classic but I always like to have some kind of twist, both in my personal style and my decorating style. I am excited to get our tree this weekend. I usually keep our holiday decor pretty much the same every year but maybe this year I'll look for something new to add that is just the right dose of classic yet current. Maybe some sparkle? How about you? What is your style?


Related posts: Grace Notes No. 1, Grace Notes No. 2, Grace Notes No. 3, Grace Notes No. 4

Excerpts from Alexandra Stoddard's Grace Notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment