Monday, December 3, 2012

Grace Notes No. 4

"Contentment consisteth not in adding more fuel,
but in taking away some fire."
Thomas Fuller


 

.............................................................................................................

TODAY'S GRACE NOTES

"In the past, this time of year, we've had a tendency to overdo. Too many obligations, too many parties, too many deadlines that dull our senses. Enjoy a steady flame but not a continual fire."

"Every invitation doesn't require your presence. Consider spending some quiet evenings at home with your feet up, relaxing by the fire -- not socializing and not working, just living."

 .............................................................................................................

Admittedly, this is hard for me. I love going to parties and I love hosting them! But the idea of relaxing by the fire with my feet up sounds pretty dreamy too. I think I will try it! How about you?


Related posts: Grace Notes No. 1, Grace Notes No. 2, Grace Notes No. 3

Excerpts from Alexandra Stoddard's Grace Notes.

Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment