Thursday, June 5, 2014

I RIDE FOR SCOTT!

 
 
Being with Scott, my oldest friend of 40 years, before and after he died earlier this year is one of the most intensely human experiences I've ever had, besides giving birth to my daughter. I saw firsthand how cancer ravaged a young man's body in just one year, and how much pain it caused him and his family and friends. Several times I thought "This isn't fair. Cancer sucks and so does chemo."
 
That's why I've decided to ride in Obliteride in August to honor Scott's memory, his wife Heather, and their boys, Chance (7) and Zane (3). I'm also riding in honor of our friend Jackson Fitzgerald, who at 5 years old, recently finished 3 1/2 years of chemo and is cancer free.   
 
I've had the honor of meeting some of the brightest researchers in the world at Fred Hutch who are working on cures and better treatments. I know they are on the cutting-edge of some very important breakthroughs that will benefit us and future generations. That's why I want to raise as much money as possible to help accelerate these discoveries and help save lives faster - so we don't continue losing friends and loved ones.   
 
Here's where I need your help....
 
I'm ready to kick cancer's butt and I hope you'll join me by joining my team as a rider or volunteer, or donating to my ride. I'm riding the 25-mile route on Aug. 10. There's also 50-, 100- and 150-mile routes. Check out my Color Riders team page to learn more!
 
With 100% of every dollar donated going directly to cancer research at Fred Hutch, we can make a direct impact on research to save lives faster. Let's not let cancer take any more lives. I hope you'll donate as much as you can because you believe in me, what I'm doing and that together, we can OBLITERATE CANCER.
 
Thank you friends!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment