Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Eat Colorfully!


There are so many benefits to eating healthy, colorful, plant-based foods. From reducing your risk of cancer, heart disease and other chronic illnesses, to weight loss/management, to improving your skin, to having more energy and looking and feeling younger, happier and more balanced. 

I regularly eat a rainbow of colors at every meal, and I try to eat foods as close to the way nature made them. I feel better and have more fun preparing and eating delicious, healthy, colorful meals! The energy vibrations from colorful fruits and vegetables make cooking -- and eating -- more enjoyable.

When I have a rainbow of colorful, fresh, organic fruits and vegetables on hand, meals and snacks are actually pretty quick and easy to prepare, especially on Wednesdays when I eat raw (i.e. no cooking!). More on that in a future post. 



Have I convinced you yet? Here is a delicious and easy recipe to try from Recipes for Health Bliss, my favorite! I made this spinach and sweet potato salad for dinner last night and it was SO GOOD - even a huge hit with my carnivorous husband!




 
In closing, I wanted to share this quote from one of my favorite books, The Joy Factor.

"In order to bring sacred balance into our lives,
we must choose foods that not only
nourish all of the cells in our body,
but also feed our souls."
 
Here's to vibrant health, happiness and colorful living!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment