Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Very Colorful Mother's Day


My Mother's Day was especially colorful and fun this year! It started with The Color Run, which bills themselves as "the happiest 5K on the planet." After participating for the first time, I completely agree. My dear friend Lara came up from Olympia to run with me. We had a complete blast and can't wait for more color explosions next year! Yep, that's a temporary HAPPY tattoo on my arm in the picture above. It hasn't worn off yet and it makes me (and others who notice it) smile every time I see it!


My day ended with color too! My mom, Sofia and I took a late afternoon walk through the rainbow of color on Azalea Way in the Arboretum near our house. Even though I visit the Arboretum often, I'm amazed every time I visit at the abundance of beauty and color, especially this time of year. I feel so fortunate to have it just a few blocks from my house.

What a great way to spend "my day!" Hope you're having a great week friends.

Xoxo,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment