Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Like People Who Smile When It's Raining

Photo: Society6.com

I saw this quote on glassybaby's instagram this morning and it made me, well, smile!

It's not an urban legend that it rains a lot in Seattle. In fact, according to Wikipedia, "Statistics show that the city is becoming wetter. Seattle receives the largest amount of rainfall of any U.S. city of more than 250,000 people in November, and is in the top 10 through winter, but is in the lower half of all cities from June to September. Seattle is in the top 5 rainiest U.S. cities by number of precipitations days, and it gets the least amount of annual sunlight of all major cities in the lower-48 states."

It's not always easy to smile when it's raining, for sure. So what are we Seattle-ites to do?  Embrace it. Smile. Add color!  

My favorite "rain accessory" is this very colorful umbrella. It not only makes me smile but people always comment on it, and usually smile too.



It's also fun to daydream about faraway, sunny colorful places when it's raining. This picture of colorful umbrellas over a street in Portugal always makes me smile.


Photo: Timepass

A friend sent me a link to this article about the Most Colorful Places in the World earlier today... this made me smile too!

But I always try to remember when it's not raining, Seattle is one of the most gorgeous cities. The rain helps give our city its nickname: the Emerald City. For without the rain, it wouldn't be so green. And green makes me smile.

How about you? What makes you smile when it's gray and rainy outside?




No comments:

Post a Comment