Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Orange for Solidarity

Yard sign in my front yard!
 
Orange is an energetic, happy, positive, bright color. It's my favorite color, as you probably know! In fact it's my signature color and has been for about a decade! It also happens to be the color of the fabulous project I'm working on - Obliteride, a movement to end cancer at Fred Hutch. A lot of people have asked me if I chose the color for Obliteride. I did not - it had already been chosen by the time I joined the team. It was a happy coincidence and confirmed that this was the right project for me! 
 
If you live in Seattle, you may have seen or heard about several buildings and structures that "went orange" during the month of April to show solidarity in the fight against cancer. We also asked individuals to "sport the orange" to show solidarity in the fight by sticking cellophane in their window, writing with an orange pen, wearing orange on Fridays (or every day like me!), or changing their Facebook profile picture to the Obliteride orange logo.
 
It wasn't hard for me to "go orange" in April... here are just a few of the ways I sported the orange!
 
 
 
 
 
I'm also planning to put an Obliteride orange window cling on my car - let me know if you want one!
 
Here's a fun video our team put together to show all of the buildings that went orange in Seattle in April.
 
Our fabulous sponsor University Village even planted orange tulips last fall that are now in bloom!
 
 
 
And they provide Obliteride orange umbrellas to keep shoppers dry!
 
 
 
BRING ON THE ORANGE!
As our April orange promotion comes to an end, I'm hoping you'll help keep the orange momentum going by sporting the orange in honor/memory of those who have fought cancer. One easy thing you can do to show your solidarity to end cancer is to change your Facebook profile picture to the Obliteride logo and encourage your friends to do the same. Simply right click the image below, save to your desktop and upload as your profile pic on Facebook.
   
Now instead of (or in addition to) thinking of me when you see orange, maybe you will think about joining Obliteride by riding, volunteering or donating to a truly amazing organization that is literally saving lives.

Go orange!!
 
 


 
 
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment