Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Speaking of Paris


To continue my posts about Paris, I wanted to share a fun idea with you. 

My favorite tea is Paris from Harney & Sons. Pretty fitting since I have a huge crush on its namesake city. I fell in love with Paris tea a couple of years ago on a visit to Hood River and I've been addicted ever since. Truly. I can't get enough of it. Unfortunately the only grocery store in town (Metropolitan Market) that carries it runs out of it often. When I go out of my way to go to said grocery store, I usually buy their entire stock. I have a hunch there is another addict in town and he or she buys out the entire stock too. So it's become kind of a game for me. Unfortunately when I went to Met Market last weekend, specifically to get my stash of Paris tea, they were completely out. And they are still out. 

Anyway, I digress. One of the things that I love so much about Harney & Sons is their beautiful packaging. Until recently I felt kind of sad when I finished a tin because I know how hard it is to come by. But I also felt a twinge of guilt when I threw away the beautiful tin. I recently went through a major effort to organize my daughter's art supplies and our life in general!  And the Paris tea tin played a major role in this effort. I realized they are a great and nice-looking way to store pens, and anything else for that matter!



Of course I thought this was an original idea until I did a search for "tea tins" on Pinterest. Here are a few of my favorites.






And they might just be the perfect flower vase! Especially if you're giving flowers as a gift.











Oh and by the way, in case you are wondering what Paris tea tastes like, according to their website, "This blend is reminiscent of one of the most popular blends in Paris. It is a fruity black tea with vanilla and caramel flavors, and a hint of lemony Bergamot." Now, don't go out and buy my stash at Met Market! Promise?!


No comments:

Post a Comment