Friday, March 29, 2013

It's a Good Friday!



We were in Jerusalem last year during Christian Holy Week and Jewish Passover. To say this holy city felt "holy" is an understatement. Actually, intense is probably a better description. And tense too. Seeing some of the holiest people in the world from different religions cross each other's paths in the Old City during this sacred time was so interesting and still so vivid in my mind. 

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today as I remember our trip and wanted to share a few pictures from Jerusalem with you so you can get a sense of what I am talking about. Some are very sacred holy sites and others are just for fun! Although being there is really the only way to truly feel the holiness and intensity of this amazing place. Instead of ordering and captioning the pictures I'm presenting them randomly to give you a feeling of what if felt like to be in the Old City mingling with the most religious Christians, Muslims and Jewish people in the world. It was, well, intense....

Regardless of your religion, I hope you enjoy these pictures and this Good Friday.




































































It's a bit dizzying, isn't it? Thanks for letting me take you on a walk through the Old City.

Happy Easter and Happy Passover friends.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment