Friday, November 4, 2011

November Gratitude



Happy November friends!

Wow, where did this week ago? I started this post on Tuesday and I ended up having a very busy week filled with Sofia’s parent-teacher conference, a community service award luncheon for my dear friend Phil Smart, Sr., client meetings, prospective client meetings, a trip to Olympia, seeing friends, a doctor’s appointment, etc, etc. Living a busy life - you know how it goes!

Anyway, I really wanted to write about November and gratitude. I was born on Thanksgiving and I’ve always loved this month for many reasons.  I love the fall colors and cozy dinners and hunkering down at home before the holidays hit. 

Last weekend, I took my camera for a walk in the Washington Park Arboretum, just a few blocks from my house. I ended up walking for two hours and saw some glorious sites that I wanted to share with you.

The most spectacular displays of color were in the Japanese Gardens.



 I was especially taken with the pagodas throughout the gardens.






I am so grateful to live so close to this amazing nature sanctuary that offers beauty, peace and tranquility throughout the year. In my opinion, the colors are most spectacular right now. I never take it for granted.



What are you thankful for?

I have been reading about intentions lately. Love and gratitude are so powerful. I truly believe you get what you give. I am focusing on gratitude this month and I’d like to encourage you to do the same. Write down at least one thing each day you are grateful for on a Gratitude List. It’s such an easy and uplifting thing to do. If you feel like it, reach out to someone you are grateful for and let them know. On Thanksgiving, review your list and remember how blessed you are.  This will open you up to continue receiving so many amazing things in your life.



My blog turns 1!

Speaking of gratitude, last week, my blog turned one and I wanted to thank you for reading it. I get so much out of writing it and even more when I hear how it’s touched someone’s life or inspired them to do something new or to simply notice the little things or to look at color in a new way. I love celebrating milestones and this feels like a pretty big one to me, although not as big as the one I will celebrate at the end of the month… more on that later!

With gratitude,

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Looking at those pictures brings back memories of many great walks in the Arboretum. Great post. Congratulations on one year.
    I signed our family up to serve dinner at the Nashville Rescue Mission Thanksgiving night. We have so much to be thankful for and I agree, you get what you give and that is fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "color guru" Leatrice Eiseman sent me this comment. I am truly flattered. I just had to share!

    "Gorgeous images and I thank you for sharing. You have a lovely eye for color composition."

    ReplyDelete