Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween, Halloween… what does it mean?*



I’m not a big Halloween decorator. The extent of it so far this year is Sofia's pumpkin and an orange ribbon on my heart wreath on our front porch. Of all of the holidays throughout the year, it’s my least favorite to decorate for, even though my favorite color is orange! Go figure!

But I do appreciate seeing what other people do in their yards and on their porches, as long as it’s not too ghoulish.  And I love the excuse to wear more orange and black than usual. My bright orange J Crew cords and orange wool coat have been fall staples for several years now! I don’t wear them together, of course. I would look like The Great Pumpkin, which is not the look I am going for!

I was tickled to get this image in my inbox this morning. If I could decorate with Hermès boxes, I think I’d be bit more inspired by this holiday.


This Halloween, have a ball (and chain!)




I have enjoyed my friend Jeanne’s Halloween blog posts this week. Her point of view on Halloween is classy and creative… right down my alley. Thanks for the fun reads this week, Jeanne.

Happy weekend everyone!



*This is a song my four-year-old learned at preschool and I can’t get it out of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment