Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet Treats for Your Sweethearts

Hi friends, Happy Wednesday! I always look forward to the Food section of the Seattle Times on Wednesdays, so I thought it would be fun to do my pink* food post today. These sweet treats are sure to make you love pink, at least while you're indulging in them or sharing them with your sweethearts.  And yes, I meant sweethearts (plural) because this is the time of year to share your love with all of your sweethearts - your spouse/SO, your kids/grandkids, your parents/grandparents, your friends, and neighbors and teachers. Come on, spread some LOVE!

(As an aside, the sun is shining bright in Seattle today which always makes me feel a bit sweeter!)

Here are some of my favorite sweet treats. What are yours?

Real French macaroons at Le Rêve Bakery & Café on Queen Anne are to die for. Grab a box for your sweetheart or yourself!

 My all-time favorite cupcakes are "homemade" cherry chip with cherry frosting. Thank you very much Betty Crocker!

 Volunteer Park Cafe does it right once again with these amazing salted shortbread cookies. Oh so sweet and savory. Yum!

 Volunteer Park Cafe also has a special selection of packaged sweets right now including hot cocoa in darling felt bags, pink mellows, and even doggie treats! Stop by for last minute gifts for your sweethearts.


A friend made these yummy raspberry jam-filled heart tarts for a little girls' tea party she hosted last week. I had two, thank you very much!!



Pink Lady apples – Sofia’s favorite. Yes, because they are pink.
Why aren't vegetables pink?!



 And, once again, last but not least, my inspiration to embrace pink - Sofia making pink Valentine's cookies yesterday with LOTS of hot pink sprinkles.

 
See you tomorrow for Fleurs Roses (pink flowers)!

xoxo.



*This is the fifth in a series of “pink” posts. See my Feb. 3 “Smooch” post for background.

No comments:

Post a Comment