Thursday, November 14, 2019

Curator of Joy No. 2


For my second "Curator of Joy" post, I'm sharing the above quote a friend posted upon her return from a soul-feeding trip to Argentina. 

I agree, travel is such an important part of our "education for living." It opens our hearts and minds to other cultures and lifestyles. 

Reflecting on some of our travels, when we returned from a life-changing trip to the Middle East several years ago, I wrote this on my blog:

"I have a renewed sense of confidence, perspective, humanity and happiness after going on this trip." 

After hearing about our trip, my Uncle Jim put it so well: "International travel is so important and allows us to much better understand points of view, beliefs and needs of other cultures, but in fact, we are all one."

I'm not even sure it needs to be international travel. At this point, it would probably benefit us all to understand the values and beliefs of our fellow Americans a little better.

Until next time, happy travels!  




No comments:

Post a Comment