I’m just back from an amazing, life-changing, life-affirming "girlfriends get-away" cruise with Oprah in the Bahamas!! It was beyond O-mazing in every way!
I feel like I'm vibrating on a different level after being around Oprah (and 2,500 inspiring women!). I'm just oozing with joy and gratitude!
I'm trying to figure out how to hold onto this higher vibration! I think Oprah would say: be present, meditate daily, and set your intention for everything in your life.
I wish I could bottle up her wisdom and positive energy. She is truly an extraordinary human being.
This is one of my favorite quotes from Oprah's speech at the dedication ceremony for Holland America's Nieuw Statendam ship on Saturday.
"I pride myself on being genuinely present
in most of my life experiences.
Presence in other people’s lives
is the greatest gift you can give."
When we encountered Oprah a couple of times on the ship (more on that in another post!), she was totally present, warm, funny and engaging. What a gift indeed! It's something I will carry with me forever!
On the last day of the cruise, we had the opportunity to see Oprah give a live talk, dubbed "A Conversation With Oprah," much like she used to do with her studio audiences on the Oprah Winfrey show, but more interactive.
Here I share some of the highlights and key take-aways in hopes that we can all "live our best life" - as Oprah likes to say!
She declared each statement with such conviction and passion! She's like a preacher, teacher, mother and girlfriend - all in one!
- When someone is suffering, always ask: What happened to you? This will give you insights into their behavior and their suffering.
- You are the master of your fate and the captain of your life. You are always in control.
- Make yourself whole and complete and overflowing - honor the spirit of life force - God, universe, whatever you call it.
- You have it!
- You must have a spiritual practice - give yourself the time and distance from voices of the world.
- Still yourself and give back to yourself fruits of the spirit that allow you to blossom.
- Be obedient to your call!
- You only have power in your own territory - stay in your own territory!
- What you put out (energy) is coming back all the time! BAM!
- You are responsible for the energy you bring and it always comes back. It’s always right on time.
- We are always co-creating our life.
- Everybody wants the same thing: to matter, to be heard.
- Everything you’ve done to me has already been done to you. (Color Purple)
- I live by the Law of Intention - I don’t do anything without an intention.
- I don’t do anything for money.
- Intention always determines the outcome.
- I want to offer you my best self.
- Live an open-hearted life in surprise and delight!
- Surprise and delight others.
- Maya Angelou to Oprah - you have no idea what your legacy will be. Your legacy is everyone you touch.
- The work you put out into the world is your legacy.
- Everything is important!
- Allow what you want in.
- What is your truest, highest expression as a human being?
- Surround yourself with people who lift you up.
- Most important question to answer for yourself: What do you really want?
- Surround yourself with the best people.
- Your job is to figure out your pattern. When you’ve outgrown something, it’s time to move on.
- Keep your eye on the prize. What’s the prize for you?
- It’s always about an energy exchange. Don’t push against things.
- Listen to whispers, or messages get louder and become a full blown disaster.
- All peace, no fear.
- Take what you have and use it for good.
- Feast on your life.
Stay tuned for more details about this incredible experience!