Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Favorite Books of 2018



Happy New Year friends! I am feeling very optimistic about 2019. 

I start every day with inspiration from two amazing, wise women who have lived a lot longer than me and who have beautiful lessons to share for living a meaningful life. 

My morning ritual of "poem before phone" includes randomly opening to a page in one of Kathryn Carole Ellison's books of poems of life and love (including Awakenings pictured above). Whether a message of "giving and receiving," "your life story," or "you are wonderful," the poem I select - or rather which is selected for me - is ALWAYS the exact message I need that day. Then I read one of Maria Shriver's reflections, prayers and meditations from her book "I've Been Thinking." Both books offer quick doses of inspiration and wisdom that help me start my day. 

I read a lot of great books in 2018, which I'd like to share with you. Some of my friends tell me they don't know how I have so much time to read. (Hint: I make it!) Books are food for my soul, my entertainment, my inspiration, my escape, my hobby. 

They say you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep. I think you can also tell a lot about what's important to people by the books they love too. I'm not sure what these favorites say about me, but it was a good, enriching year. I hope you enjoy my selections. Read on!

BEST NOVELS

The Great Alone: A Novel

The Storyteller's Secret: A Novel

Trail of Broken Wings


BEST MEMOIRES

Becoming by Michelle Obama

Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis


BEST SELF-CARE

Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day

Pussy: A Reclamation

I've Decided to Live 120 Years: The Ancient Secret to Longevity, Vitality, and Life Transformation

Your Life in Color: Empowering Your Soul Through the Energy of Color


BEST PARENTING



UP NEXT

Here's what I'm reading or plan to read in the coming year.









Please let me know if you have any "must reads" to add to my list! Especially if you have some good "beach reads"!


FAVORITE PODCASTS

And for those of you who "don't read" or prefer audio, I recommend the following podcasts. I love to listen to them on my walks!




And, finally, I heard a rumor that Maria Shriver is launching her own podcast in 2019. I can't wait!


Wishing you a beautiful happy new year!

Xo,

Amy









1 comment: