Friday, June 29, 2018

Savor Summer



Summer is a feeling. It’s a state of mind. It’s lazy and active in the same breath.

It’s sunshine (hopefully!), sleepovers and s’mores! And sundresses and suntans and soft serve!

In a word, summer is FUN!

I recently got the idea from Lemon Stripes to create a summer bucket list. Last year, I made a vision board and I had a great summer. This year I’m trying the bucket list! Hopefully this inspires you to create your own bucket list and have an awesome summer!

Design Your Summer

For me, my priorities for summer (and life) come down to 3 F’s: Family, friends and fun! So I’ve categorized my bucket list accordingly.

FAMILY
Take a family hike
Kayak date at College Club with Geoff at least once a month
Plan a weekly adventure with Sofia that is fun for both of us! (West Seattle, Vashon, Golden Gardens, Port Townsend)
Ride bikes across 520 bridge to pool
Delancey dinner date with Geoff
Family picnics in Arboretum and Volunteer Park
Anniversary date at Snoqualmie Falls with Geoff

FRIENDS
Hang out with friends at the pool and lake – a lot!
Host girls Rosé garden party
Go roller skating with friends
Walla Walla girls trip
Organize team for Obliteride walk. Everyone is welcome. Join or donate here!
Happy hour at the rooftop bar at Mbar

FUN
Summer Fridays - stop working at noon
Do something that scares me - in a good way! (Seaplane?)
See live music at least once a month
Move my body every day 
Make peach and avocado bruschetta
Visit friends in Olympia (my hometown) with Sofia
Water color plein air in garden and/or park
Visit an art gallery or museum at least once a month
Go to Olympus Spa when Sofia is at sleepaway camp

The following doesn't fall into a category, but overall I want to BE SPONTANEOUS AND SAVOR SUMMER!

Finally, a quote I heard recently that I will likely need to repeat many times this summer!

 “Remember, this is supposed to be fun!”
-Gretchen Rubin, Happier Podcast

What's on your summer bucket list?



No comments:

Post a Comment