Monday, October 13, 2014

Three Florists' Delight


Last week I wrote about colorful, delightful dahlias. Within the last week, I've learned about a new variety -- the café au lait dahlia -- that is the favorite of three of my favorite florists. First, my sister Jill of Starflower in Portland posted the above picture on Instagram with this caption: "If I were to buy myself flowers, it would be these girls."

Jill created this amazing, dramatic bridal bouquet with café au laits as the hero.

The next day, I bumped into Tess of July Floral Design delivering weekly flowers to Volunteer Park Cafe, and she told me about a bloom she's especially excited about right now - the café au lait! She told me "They are the IT flower!"
 
Tess designed these gorgeous arrangements for a party last week.




And a couple of days later, my friend Maura of Casablanca Floral posted these pics on Facebook with the following caption: "Aaaah these café au lait dahlias are sumptuous. They make me want to get married again (to the same man!)."




These gorgeous blooms have definitely gotten the attention of three of the most talented floral artists I know. I love how each of them uses them in their own unique way.

Keep your eyes out for these beauties. I've yet to see them in person, but I hope to sometime soon.


2 comments:

  1. Dahlias are one of my favorite flowers for 2 reasons: 1) They were my dad's favorite and every time I see these gorgeous flowers I think of him. 2) They are all so different, old fashioned, elegant, fun all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about our mutual (all 4 of us!) love for dahlias, Amy! Let's do it again for next years IT flower.

    ReplyDelete