Thursday, February 13, 2014

Announcing "10 Things I Love About You"


 
 
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I want to start a movement to spread more love and to celebrate life every day. So it's a two-post day, leading up to tomorrow, the sweetest day of the year.
 
Why wait until a diagnosis, tragedy or death to let your loved ones know how much you love them? Do it now! While you can.
 
10 Things I Love About You is being launched for Valentine’s Day 2014 in memory of Scott Gehring, but it’s an ongoing effort to tell people what you love about them.

Scott lost his battle with cancer on January 30, 2014 in the loving arms of his wife. He was 42 and the father of two young boys. Scott loved life and he lived it fully.
 
Before he died, I wrote the 10 Things I Love About You, Scott and shared it with him. I'm so glad I did. Although I was holding out hope that he would be healed, I wanted him to know how I felt about him and our 40 years of friendship. I realized that many people wait until it’s too late to share what they love – in obituaries and eulogies. After hearing how much Scott liked what I wrote, the idea to start 10 Things I Love About You was born.
 
So for Valentine’s Day, how about writing down the 10 things you love about your spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, best friend, son/daughter, mother/father, grandparent, or a cherished cousin and sharing it with them? Flowers, chocolates and jewelry are awesome. Words from your heart are priceless and will be cherished forever.
 
Want to spread the love even further? Share this idea with 10 friends. Watch your love multiply. Our collective human spirit will feel the love! It's good for our souls.
 
Join the 10 Things I Love About You community on Facebook to share inspiration. If you're a friend of Scott's you can post the things you love about him as a continued tribute to his amazing life. Share words, pictures, photos, quotes, song lyrics. Let's keep Scott's memory alive!

 
A page from Alexandra Stoddard's, Grace Notes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment