Monday, December 2, 2013

Brilliant Emerald Songbird


I'm slightly obsessed with bird ornaments for my Christmas tree! I've collected several over the years, but when I saw this Brilliant Songbird in Leavenworth over Thanksgiving weekend, I had to have it! (And a couple of others for gifts!) I've finally embraced Emerald - Pantone's 2013 Color of the Year - as they're about to announce the 2014 COY very soon. I can't wait to see what hue gets the honor for the coming year!

In the meantime, I wanted to share the story of the Brilliant Songbird found on the tag that came with this ornament. I think you'll agree it's very sweet!

Birds are symbols of happiness and joy, so they are regarded as a necessity on the Christmas tree. Glassblowers often kept wild birds during the winter months since the sound of the gas flame in the workshop prompted the birds to sing. Then when spring arrived, the birds returned to freedom.

Does this make you want to run out and get a bird ornament for your tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment