Friday, August 2, 2013

Dinner Club - Out!


Last night, our dinner club got together for a cruise. From Lake Union, we putted through Portage Bay and the Montlake Cut to Lake Washington, then headed east to our final destination, Kirkland.

Our hosts Peter (aka Captain Stubing) and Carly (aka Julie McCoy) were hoping for sunnier skies and smoother water (it was Aug.1 after all)... but we had a great time anyway! We had beer and wine and yummy cheeses, figs and crackers on the boat on our way to dinner at Milagro Cantina. Yep, Mexican theme again! I told you it's our favorite! 

Mark insisted on me taking a picture of him with three drinks in his hands again (see last post!). I think it's becoming his signature pose!



I followed his lead and kept things "classy" with a swig of rose right out of the bottle!



In all seriousness, it was a delicious bottle of Vihno Verde Rose. I had never had it before. It was light and effervescent. Pretty bottle too.



Oh geez, I can't believe I didn't get one picture of our captain in the boat. But I did get a cute picture of my hubby at the wheel! I think he liked it!



We spent a good bit of time talking about the upcoming Obliteride, as all of the guys on board are riding 50 miles next weekend! I love Carly's arm party, here.


Once again, Mark is hamming it up for the camera! I think he liked his fajitas! My shrimp tacos were delicioso!


Finally, here's our captain. I think he liked his tacos too!



It was fun to get out of our hood and over to the other side of the Lake. Although only a few miles separate our neighborhood from Kirkland, it feels like a world away and a true adventure. Thanks Capt. Peter and Carly for taking us out. I wonder what kind of adventure we'll have next time we are together.

Cheers friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment