Wednesday, February 6, 2013

For the Hostess with the Mostess



Last weekend my friend, neighbor and fellow blogger, Courtney Lilly, hosted the perfect winter party at her home - Sushi and Cocktails!  I was excited to put together the perfect gift for the hostess with the mostess. Courtney loves entertaining, packaging, details, etc. as much as I do. So it was especially fun to put together a little package for her... because I knew she would appreciate the details as much as I enjoyed putting it together. And she did!

I was inspired by an article I read recently about Amy Stewart, author of The Drunken Botanist. She shared the below recipe for La Vie en Elderflower cocktail. She uses syrup that she makes from her black elder bushes, but I opted for a cute little bottle of St-Germain elderflower liqueur. I paired it with a bottle of dry rose wine and voila, the perfect hostess gift!

Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it.


And here's a look at the "ingredients" before I packaged them up.

 
For another hostess gift recently, I did a slightly different version of this cocktail - rose bubbly, a splash of St-Germain liqueur and a twist of lemon. Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment