Friday, July 27, 2012

Rome at Home


Hi friends! Happy Friday! One of the things I like most about the blog world is the wonderful ideas and inspiration I get from other bloggers, as well as sharing ideas and inspiration with you. Last week my friend Jeanne wrote a wonderful post that inspired Geoff and me to have a "Rome at Home" date night last Saturday. I have been craving a trip to Italy so the timing of Jeanne's post was perfect. I also had fun going through our pictures from our last trip to Italy in 2004 and I've sprinkled a few throughout this post, including the one above.

In case your plans for the weekend aren't set, I thought you too might want to escape to Rome ala Woody Allen! Here's our recipe for a fun date night.  

We started with a glass of Proseco at home...



Then we had pizza and more Proseco (beer for Geoff) at Via Tribunali, one of the most authentic pizzerias in Seattle.


Then to see Woody Allen's delightful, hilarious, quirky To Rome with Love. I loved every minute of it: the scenery, the actors, the music, the humor... it was quintessential Woody Allen!



The movie began with some familiar sites....







And even a cameo by my Fiat... so fun to see her at "home"!




As cute as the original...!

 

After the movie, instead of getting gelato, as Jeanne suggested, because we filled up on popcorn, we zipped around Capitol Hill in Geoff's Alfa Romeo Spider with the top down like we used to do when we were first dating... talk about romantic!



We ended our date with a nightcap (more Proseco for me!) at Cicchetti, one of our favorite neighborhood Italian restaurants!

I hope this inspired you to grab a date and hit the town Rome style!

That's amore! 

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I love themes. And even though my dear hubby isn't a theme guy he would love an Italian themed date....we honeymooned in Italy. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete