Friday, February 10, 2012

A Thing for Green


I was planning to write about my Valentine's traditions today because I LOVE traditions and I LOVE Valentine's Day, but I'll save that post for next week because I am SO excited about the color green today.

I stopped by one of my favorite places this morning – Volunteer Park CafĂ© – for a cup of tea. I was planning to take it with me until I saw the annual “Color Issue” of House Beautiful calling my name from the magazine rack. I scooped it up, along with latest issue of Martha Stewart Living. They were both calling my name with the color green.


I have blogged about green before. It was my “one and only” favorite color for most of the early to mid 90s. (My bridesmaid’s dresses were the most gorgeous shade of light chartreuse in 1997… I still love them!)
As most of you know, I’ve been on an orange kick for the past many years, but after devouring every beautiful green page of House Beautiful this morning, I’m back in love with green. I have a lot of green in my house and it has always felt so comforting and so “me.” It truly makes my house feel like home. Living in Seattle I am surrounded by green (thanks to the rain and the mild climate). It is a healthy, comforting, calming, fresh and even, yes, romantic color.

I snapped these photos of the House Beautiful magazine spreads with my phone so they’re not the best, but I just had to share them with you. Sit back and soak up some green…. It’s good for your soul.











In fact, I think I will bust out my green purse today for a pop of spring color.

I am also going to order this beautiful necklace from Stella & Dot. Happy Valentine's Day to me! It will be the perfect spring accessory and pop of color.


And finally, I have to put in a plug for my favorite pen. Le Pen is the perfect instrument for writing the old-fashioned way, on paper, not the computer! I have used them for years and was tickled to see that the editor of House Beautiful does too!

My favorite pen!



Ok, I’m back in love… if I’m not careful, this could become a series of green posts like my pink series last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment