Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Did you know ladybugs have orange legs?


While reading my book this afternoon in the sun at Volunteer Park (decadent!) a bug landed on my book. My instinct was to shoo it away ~ it's a bug after all. Since it clung to the page I was forced to take a look at it. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was a ladybug. A good bug. I stopped reading and just watched it walk around the page, orange legs and all. (I love orange ~ save for another post!) And then it spread its wings and flew away, just like that. It stayed just long enough to show me its orange legs and feminine wings! I am really appreciating the little things these days and truly amazed at how happy they make me.
The leaves on the trees at Volunteer Park were gorgeous today.
All shades of yellow and orange. This picture taken on my phone does not do them justice at all.
They were simply breathtaking.

Sun drenches the resevoir at Volunteer Park.
If you look closely you can see the Space Needle in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment