Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cards ~ in the mailbox.


I love sending cards, making cards, receiving cards. I love all kinds of cards: birthday, anniversary, thank you, holiday, "just because".... For as long as I can remember I have loved cards. I love knowing someone is thinking of me, appreciating me, caring about me, celebrating me. And I love for others to know I am thinking about them too. I love the sentiments, the designs and even the paper. I could brouse a card shop for hours, but it rarely happens these days.

Yesterday I was so excited to receive a "just because" card from my dear friend Tessa congratulating me on my blog. It was a quick note written on beautiful orange stationary. It meant so much. Tessa loves cards as much as I do. What amazes me in this era of "all things digital" is that one of the busiest people I know took the time to not only write me a card, but find a stamp (who has stamps these days?!) and put it in the mail just a couple of days after I launched my blog. Simply amazing and so thoughtful.

My three-year-old also received mail yesterday. A darling thank you card from her friend Julia who turns four on Saturday. Sofia was just as tickled as me to receive a card in the mail. I love thank you cards. For as long as I can remember (probably since I could spell my name) my mom made me write thank you cards. I used to dread it after each birthday and holiday. But I am so grateful to her now for instilling this important ritual of gratitude in me.

I could go on and on about how I love cards but I will save it for another post or more!  I am so excited to order my holiday cards and send them to dear friends near and far. And I think I will treat myself to a visit to Paper Delights sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment