Friday, September 10, 2021

Beauty Walk


Yesterday after I dropped Sofia off for her second day of high school (gasp!), I was feeling the "back to school blues" so I decided to go for a walk. It always cheers me up! But this wasn't just a walk, it was a "Beauty Walk!" I noticed beauty - and color - everywhere. It cheered me right up! I wanted to share a few of the blooms that caught my eye... and a poem entitled "Beauty" at the end of this post. Enjoy!





Do you see the resting bee?











I was craving some "holy time," so I walked the labyrinth at St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral. Talk about beauty - gasp again!


 

BEAUTY

By Kathryn Carole Ellison


In every person's heart there is a secret nerve

That answers to the vibrations of beauty.

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.

For true happiness, it becomes your duty.


If the path is beautiful don't ask where it leads.

You will be guided to a better location.

Beauty is the promise of happiness.

Take the path without hesitation.


Love of beauty is one of Nature's best healers.

Our souls need beauty more than food.

What a (wo)man does for pay is nothing when compared

To (her) his response to beauty when viewed.


Joy in looking and comprehending 

Is Nature's most beautiful gift.

Let us live for the beauty of our own reality,

And watch our spirits lift. 


If you keep the ability to always see beauty,

Your spirit will never grow old. 

Beauty is power, a smile is its sword. 

It's a way of life that's age-old. 

 

I leave you with one more beautiful bloom to brighten your day!






No comments:

Post a Comment