Monday, October 9, 2017

Les Couleurs de Tahiti


Imagine an island far, far away in the South Pacific where the water is striped with three shades of blue – light aqua, deep turquoise and cobalt, where French is the spoken language, the food is exquisite, the hospitality is unmatched, the scent of gardenias wafts through the warm air—and there are fire dancers!!

This is Tahiti – 118 islands that make up French Polynesia. It is the most incredibly beautiful and colorful place I have ever visited.

It’s Hawaii on steroids (times 1000!) and you feel like you’re in Europe, surrounded mostly by French and Italian honeymooners, and a few “others” like us celebrating other milestones. In our case, our 20th anniversary.

There is literally no stress once you get there (after a 20-hour journey from Seattle), save for deciding what kind of tropical cocktail you will order for lunch, happy hour and dinner!

We’ve been back a week and I can’t get Tahiti off my mind. It was definitely a dream vacation and a place we’d love to visit again when we have another significant milestone to celebrate!

For now, I hope you enjoy the beauty and colors of this truly special part of our planet.


BORA BORA


Our first views upon arriving in Bora Bora. From the airplane. Absolutely breathtaking. 




This is the most charming airport I've ever been to. We hopped in a boat that took us to our resort on a private island off of Bora Bora. 







This is our overwater bungalow. Soooo dreamy!








The glass topped coffee table provided a view of the water and loads of tropical fish.



And the perfect setting for happy hour and cribbage every night!


I took my favorite "skinny dip" glassybaby which matched my toes and the water beautifully! 


We loved the local Polynesian culture. I took a class to learn how to make this bracelet out of Tahitian gardenias. It smelled divine! All of the women wear crowns of flowers like this in their hair. So beautiful. 



Look at those smiles! Such happy, lovely people!



The housekeepers wore colorful outfits, rode bikes and always had big smiles on their faces, which made me smile every time I saw them! 


There were gorgeous flowers everywhere. These purple lillies reminded me of Monet's garden. 






The pool was lit a gorgeous blue at night! 



From the whitest beaches to the bluest waters, Bora Bora was absolutely gorgeous! 






LE TAHA'A


After five amazing days on Bora Bora, we took a boat and a plane and another boat to our second resort, a private island resort between Taha'a and Bora Bora. In a word, it was incredible!





Did I mention the food was INCREDIBLE?! Fresh fish with a side of French! This was our lunch at the pool one day. That evening we had an incredible dinner of more sashimi and Mahi Mahi. I proclaimed it was my "best food day ever!"



Cocktails served in coconuts and adorned with gardenias - yes please! 



And here's the fire dancer!




Until next time...I'm trying to hold onto island culture a bit. It's absolutely magical.






Cheers to 20 years and many more!!


If you ever have the chance to go to Tahiti - GO!




1 comment:

  1. Amy, WOW! First, Happy Anniversary. What an incredible adventure. You captured the beauty and have inspired me to go there with my sweetie. You have such a colorful, creative eye!

    ReplyDelete