Sunday, September 23, 2012

Welcome Fall!


I'm not one to decorate my home seasonally, although I do admire people who do it tastefully. But I do love to change the wreath on my front door when the season changes. It's a great (and easy) way to welcome the new season and guests to our home. So to ring in the first day of fall on Saturday, Sofia and I made a monogram leaf wreath and also one for my mom for her birthday. It is a really fun and easy DIY project that I enjoy every time I walk through my front door. Follow these easy steps to welcome fall into your home too.

Supplies:
Paper mache letter (from a craft store like Jo-ann's)
Brown acrylic craft paint
Paint brush
Silk leaves in a variety of colors and sizes - or real leaves are even better if you have them
Glue gun
Ribbon


1. Start by painting the letter.



"H" is for Hermes for my mom.


"A" is for Anderson (and Amy too!).

 
 
2. Select your leaves, keeping in mind a variety of sizes and colors.




3. Arrange the leaves on the letter and secure them in place with a hot glue gun.



Half-way there...

 
 
4. Attach a coordinating ribbon and, voila, it's ready to hang on your door. We delivered the "H" to my mom to help her welcome fall into her home.
 

 

And little Miss Sofia was pretty darn excited to put the "A" on our front door.

 
 
I hope you all are enjoying the changes that fall brings and welcoming it with open arms! From my home to yours, welcome fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment