Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tulip Time

Happy May Day friends! I love May. While I was sad to miss the fabulous Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in April, I enjoyed lots of beautiful, colorful tulips this spring. I feel like I've enjoyed my own mini, local tulip festival in my house and and in my neighborhood this year. It's amazing how much beauty is right around us and sometimes we don't notice it until we slow down and look for it. That is what happened to me this year. I just couldn't fit in a trip to Skagit Valley so I started seeking out beautiful tulips closer to home.

From the stalls at Pike Place Market....






To my neighhors' yards...









To the garden at Sofia's preschool...


To my kitchen counter...




To my kitchen table...


To this watercolor my mom emailed me last night from her Pike Place Market calendar...

“Watercolors Fresh Daily” by Sarah Clementson


I definitely enjoyed nature's bounty and my favorite tulip faces this year. If you, too, didn't get to visit the tulip fields this year, I hope you enjoyed this colorful display.

Happy May friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment