Monday, September 26, 2011

What Inspires You?


Hello friends,

This morning I finally completed a project I have been thinking about for several months: an inspiration board for my office. I am thrilled with the result and I wanted to share it with you. It’s just the kind of project I needed on this gloomy fall day to get my creative juices flowing. And the added pop of color in my office is fabulous!

 

I also wanted to share this inspiring blog post I came across today that poses a “fun way for sewists (I’ve never heard that word before!) to get their creative juices flowing, by challenging (her) readers to create a seasonal mini-wardrobe based on an inspiring color palette.” Each sewist has eight weeks to create a moodboard and color palette that inspires her/him for the season and to sew the projects based on their color palette. In the end, they will (hopefully) have a coordinated mini-wardrobe. I’m not up for the sewing part, but coming up with a moodboard and color palette for fall sounds pretty fun to me . . . and inspiring. What do you think? 



My friend Jeanne's blog always inspires me too. I'd love to wear this outfit she painted . . . if only I could sew!

If you end up creating your own inspiration board or fall moodboard and color palette, do let me know. I’d love to see what inspires you!

Happy Monday friends.

Xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of inspirational boards my friend told me about pinterest.com. it is an online pinboard. Sometimes I just love the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, you inspire me, too! Thanks for a little color on a rainy Monday! XO

    ReplyDelete