Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sun Walk


I just returned from an exhilarating walk in the sun, the cold, windy Seattle in February kind of sun, but at least it wasn't the liquid sun that we get more often than not this time of year.

Instead of my regular route today, I decided to follow the sun. For a not so carefree gal, it made me feel carefree for at least an hour. I briskly meandered around the gorgeous North Capitol Hill neighborhood. Wherever the sun was, I went. When I hit shade I felt my energy change and so I changed course so I could once again be drenched in the sun.
What is it about the glorious sun? We all know about the positive effects of Vitamin D that our body absorbs from the sun but I think it's more than that. For even when it's cold, it's warm. Its bright light opens our eyes, our minds and our hearts. I enjoyed some new and different sites, sounds and smells on my sun walk today. I saw a gorgeous dark lavender door on an old Capitol Hill house. I wish I had taken a picture but I didn't have my gadgets with me. I wanted to disconnect and fully absorb nature, even in the middle of this bustling city.
I know it is easier said than done, but I hope you can get out today for even just 15 minutes for a sun walk. I promise you will feel more energetic, carefree and happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment