Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Girlfriends Feed My Soul

Truly, truly you do! (That sounds like song lyrics, doesn't it?!)

Last night, about 25 of my beautiful, wonderful girlfriends descended on my house for a festive evening of "sips, bites and jewels." It was such a great gift to me to be surrounded by such amazing friends, some whom I see often and others I don’t get to see much.  

We sipped bubbly, chatted about new babies, new homes, new jobs, old jobs, husbands’ jobs, engagement rings, weddings, books, travels, schools for our children, home remodels, flooded basements, cute boots, Christmas plans and more “girl stuff!” It was the best! We also oohed and awed over the stunning and stylish Stella & Dot jewelry collection that one of my dearest friends, Megan, reps. I love supporting her and seeing her second career blossom.

Earlier this week, another friend told me that one of the things she admires most about me is the way in which I make and maintain friendships with so many different people. That was the ultimate compliment to me because I do "invest" a lot of energy in my friendships. And I can truly say they are among the best investments I have ever made. 


When I finally fell into bed last night just after midnight, I felt exhausted, exhilarated and so very thankful for my wonderful circle of friends. I love you all so much and thank you for enriching my life and sharing yourselves with me.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We were having so much fun last night that we didn’t take any pictures, so below are some photos of the wonderful hostess gifts I received, as well as some of my favorite Stella & Dot picks for my wish list!
 

Orange Tory Burch votive candle - LOVE!

Williams Sonoma assorted cookie cutters for Sofia and me!

Homemade Limoncello and darling custom label.

A fabulous bottle of wine is always appreciated.

Delicious, homemade chocolatey nut ginger raisin bars called French Bark - YUM!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

And now for my Stella & Dot wish list picks:

The Vintage Link necklace is bold and gorgeous.


The Penelope necklace is sweet and delicate.


The Pave Bee Pendant necklace is beautiful.


The Delicate Drop earrings are so pretty and sparkly.


The Gold Fringe Hoop earrings will liven up any outfit.


I love the green Garden Pary Chandelier earrings.


Aren't these Signature Clover drop earrings gorgeous?!

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
 
OK, I think that's all for now. What is on your wish list?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I was so sorry to miss out. Sounds like it was great fun. Glad you had such a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these gorgeous jewels all look so 'YOU'!! i especially love the vintage link necklace..... awesome. i am so sorry i had to miss it, hope you got my message about my b'sitter scheduling snafu... :(

    ReplyDelete