Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The Bees Are Back in Town!!

 


The bees are back in town... and so are the dahlias! Both give me so much hope.

Recently on a walk in Seattle's Volunteer Park, I rounded the corner to the dahlia gardens and my breath was taken away by their beauty and the thought "all is well...." I'm not sure I can say that now, but in that moment I absolutely felt it. And I still choose to have hope!

Last year the Seattle Dahlia Club did not plant their usual hundreds (thousands?) of dahlia bulbs, presumably because the vibrant colors and breathtaking beauty of the blooms attract crowds. So out of an abundance of caution (are you sick of that catchphrase?!), the dahlia garden was dirt and weeds.... it was depressing. 

But for 2021, the dahlia garden is in full bloom, the bees are happy, and so am I! They bring me so much joy, that I want to share with you here! 

En-JOY!








































I would "bee" delighted if you left a comment below letting me know what brings you joy these days.

xo,

Amy


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, inspiring post, sharing with others now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these GORGEOUS photos. Colorful flowers of various shapes and sizes definitely bring me JOY. And so do friendships that span the miles and the tests of time. YOU bring me joy AMY. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post! I love Dahlia's much, their color and boldness as the light changes and summer ends is such a life saver! And bees, omg! I've been wanting to have hives for years and I finally went for it this year. They are so interesting to watch go in and out and do "b" things!

    ReplyDelete